Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Jamie Taylor, Online Blogger?

At first I didn’t know what to expect when creating my own personal blog page since it is my first experience in essentially a new world. I had no problem at all in setting it up. Picking my preferred layout and adding personal information was easy. But as soon as it came to actually composing blogs I froze. I prolonged writing them for weeks because, well, I was freaking out! It made me incredibly nervous and I suddenly lost all confidence in my writing abilities. Every time I thought about doing them I remembered that my posts would be made accessible to the entire online network. The public can actually read my thoughts and opinions with judgement. What will they think? What if my blogs receive negative feedback? 


But I realized that there are obviously no right or wrong blogs. It is entirely my opinion and since everyone has varying views, and do not think alike, of course people will disagree with things I post. And I am willing to accept that. Like John Berger expressed in his book, Ways Of Seeing, people always have unique perceptions as societies progress and the environment around them change. “The way we see things is affected by what we know or what we believe.” (p8). 


With that being said it will still continue to be weird for me; releasing my inner thoughts to the world for the first time in the form of a blog. But at the same time I’ll get to experience the life as a blogger. 




Berger, John. Ways of Seeing. London

British Broadcasting Corporation, 1972.

No comments:

Post a Comment